Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year and New Art!

Happy New Year friends!  I hope this year will be full of new opportunities to make more fun art.  I have spent most of today practicing a new technique on some abandon pieces of work.  Some times its hard to find that one thing to make it right.  Right in your eyes that is.  I love painting and I wish that there were more hours in the day to do it.  Time with no interruptions and the right mental state.  If your in a hurry, stressed or not focused, just go ahead and step back.  I looked at a few paintings I started today when it was just not flowing and I still am not ready to fix them.  That day will come, they all ways do.  You just never know when that might be.  You just have to take your opportunities as they come and make the most of them- In live, love, and art.

1 comment:

  1. Erika, good advice, make the most of every moment in life, love, and art.

    An Erika Johnson Fan,
    Vandy

    ReplyDelete